Mahmood Peshimam, M.D. CTH
Mahmood Peshimam, M.D. is one of the few physicians in Orange County who can offer guidance and recommendations in travel medicine.
Dr. Peshimam is a residency trained, Board Certified family physician who has been in private practice for over 25 years.
He has been practicing travel medicine for over 20 years and is one of the few designated physicians locally who can provide the yellow fever vaccine and certificate required by the World Health Organization.
Dr. Peshimam has offices in Fountain Valley and Irvine and he is on staff at Hoag Hospital, Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Huntington Beach Hospital.
- Member of International Society of Travel Medicine, OCMA, CMA and AAFP
- Guest Speaker for physicians symposiums at Fountain Valley, Hoag, Huntington Beach and St. Joseph’s hospitals, the American Academy of Family Physicians Orange County, and Family Practice residents at University of California, Irvine
- Featured Travel Medicine article in the Irvine World News, and quoted in articles in the LA Times related to travel medicine.
- Participated in numerous conferences on Travel Medicine to keep abreast of new developers in travel vaccinations
- Dr. Peshimam has provided travel medicine consultation, counseling and vaccinations to thousands of patients and over 100 physicians and their family members
- Dr. Peshimam is one of only three physicians in Orange County that has passed the exam in travel medicine held by ISTM (International Society of Travel Medicine)